Methods of Payment
Credit or debit card, via Protx (By following through the checkout pages). Due to popular demand, we have now added Paypal as a payment option, which can be selected during checkout. We also offer a pro-forma invoice for business customers. Please make your order by telephone or send us a purchase order to have a pro-forma sent to you by return.
Unless otherwise stated all prices include VAT. A VAT invoice will be sent with your goods unless you have specified a separate name & delivery address (Just in case it's a present for someone).
For security reasons, we have capped the maximum online transaction limit to £350. If you need to place a large order, please contact us. An order above this value may also qualify for a discount.
Postage and packaging fees are automatically calculated based on the service selected, or the weight of the products ordered for international orders. (Sent free of charge for UK orders over £50.00) This charge will be added to the total which will be confirmed on screen before you finalise any payment. For more details on the postage cost please see our postage table.
We at Toyday want you to be enjoying your new traditional toys as soon as is possible and although most of our orders are dispatched the same or next day, it is our aim to despatch every order within two working days of receipt, which is why most of our UK customers are pleased to receive their orders within a few days.
The website will notify you on checkout if there is likely to be a delay or if the order will be split. If you need any products urgently, we now have several priority delivery service available. Simply select Express Delivery when checking out for guaranteed next day delivery, or call us for an earlier delivery or if you would like express International delivery.
Please call us on 08452 696 452 to confirm stock availability, if you need your toys by a particular date.
If your order has not arrived and you are concerned that it could be lost in the post, please check with your local post office first before contacting us. A parcel is not classed as lost by the Royal Mail until 15 days have passed. If you have not received your parcel after this time then please contact us so we can make a lost parcel claim on your behalf.
'Not called for'
If a parcel is returned to us as 'Not called for' then a subsidised re-delivery fee of £2.50 will be made to send it out again, or deducted from your payment method if a replacement has been sent.
If you parcel arrives damaged, then we will send you a replacement, and we may ask you to send us a digital photograph of the damage in order to assess whether the item will need to be returned, and to assist with any Royal mail claim. If the item is to be returned, we will send a freepost return label to return the damaged item. Failure to return the damaged item will result in the full price becoming payable for the replacement goods and charged to your payment method. It is also advisable to obtain a free proof of postage from the post office when returning items to us.
Although most of our customers are delighted to receive their orders within a few days, occasionally circumstances outside of our control may cause parcels to be delayed. Express delivery options chosen will ensure that your order will be sent by the priority service. In exceptional circumstances, such as heavy snow or adverse weather conditions (particularly in rural areas) our carriers may experience problems delivering in your area which can cause temporary withdrawal of the special delivery guarantee from Royal mail, or general delays. No postage refunds can be made for delayed parcels due to these circumstances, although if a delayed parcel is no longer required, then it can be returned for a full refund.
Refund Policy & Returns
We offer a no quibble 14 Day Money back guarantee.
Obviously, we hope that you love your toys and never need to return any, but we totally understand that sometimes such occasions arise, and we are happy to accept returns for any reason.
If you have some toys you would like to return, please follow our returns instructions.
We do not charge a re-stocking fee for returns or cancellations.
Refunds are given if any part of your order is unavailable. An exchange will be offered for faulty or damaged items & if a replacement is not available then a credit voucher or a refund will be issued.
If the goods are faulty or damaged on arrival, then a replacement sent to you free of charge, however if the goods are unsuitable or no longer required, you must cover the costs of returning the goods back to us and where a refund is required the original delivery charge will not be refunded.
It is the customers responsibility for the safe return of any item being sent back to us. Items sent back to us must include all original packaging, leaflets, booklets, instructions or inserts that were inside when you received it and in the condition it was received. Failure to do this will result in a reduction of any credit issued.
Replacement items will only be sent out after the return of the original item, unless otherwise agreed. Unreturned items will be charged to your original payment method.
We will not exchange or refund goods that are willfully / accidentally damaged, repaired or modified.
All returns, credit notes and refunds offered are down to our discretion.
It is advisable to obtain a free proof of postage from the post office when returning items to us.
Unless otherwise specified in the listing, none of our toys are suitable for children under 3 years of age. Where toys are sutable for babies and children below this age, you will see a graphic displaying the minimum age, and these toys will all carry the CE safety mark. View all our baby toys
Any item advertised on our web site should be in stock, and the website should notify you otherwise during the checkout procedure. In the event that we are out of stock of any item ordered, we shall contact you within 2 working days of the date the goods were ordered, to notify you of a likely delivery date or any other options. We may contact you by email or telephone.
You may wait for stock to be replenished, take an alternative product and settle any price difference, receive a credit note or a refund for out of stock items.
We may send alternatives on preferred option choices if the current choice is unavailable - i.e - item colour. If you specificially need to have a certain option then please contact us first to check availability. If no product options are selected, then we will offer a mix of types or colours when available.
Web Site Accuracy
We do try to keep the web-site as up to date as possible and we should be accurate in the information we provide you, but we cannot be held responsible for any displayed information that has since changed after our date of publish. E&OA Apply.
We may require documents of proof of name and address sent to us by email, fax or post before sending any of our orders, particularly for larger transactions and trade orders, we will notify you by email If this is the case.
Your IP address is noted when you make a purchase.
Toyday Traditional & Classic Toys takes credit card fraud seriously and will prosecute to the highest degree if such action is made on this site. We hold the right to decline any order we suspect to be fraudulent.
Sometimes we may choose not to process an order, due to lack of proofs or correspondence when further security information is required. Such orders will not be processed and the amount not debited from, or refunded to the card used to make the purchase.
Please note - we have 2 types of gift vouchers - traditional paper gift vouchers to be redeemed in our shops, (referred to below as gift vouchers) and vouchers to be redeemed online (referred to as e-vouchers).
1. E-vouchers can be used as payment or part - payment for goods purchased online at www.toyday.co.uk, & at any of our partner websites www.something-funky.com, www.traditional-toys.co.uk & www.stocking-filler-toys.co.uk.
2. Any unused credit will remain on the e-voucher, and can be used again on future transactions.
3. This e-voucher has an expiry date of 12 month from date of issue and will be honoured at any time during this period providing there is available credit remaining on it. This expiry date may be extended at our discretion.
4. Toyday E-vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p and are not transferable or assignable.
5. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be published at www.toyday.co.uk/shop/info_3.html.
1. Gift vouchers are not valid without an official credit note attached. The number on the credit note, must match that of the gift voucher.
2. If used to purchase goods for less than the value on the voucher in our shop, then change will be in the form of further gift vouchers. Smaller change may be given at our discretion.
3. We regret that we cannot replace lost, stolen, mislaid or damaged gift vouchers.
4. Toyday gift vouchers have an expiry date of 30 days from date of issue and will be honoured at any time during this period providing it is accompanied with a valid credit note. This expiry date may be extended at our discretion.
5. Gift vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p and are not transferable or assignable.
6. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be published at www.toyday.co.uk/shop/info_3.html.
Toyday Loyalty Rewards
1. The Toyday Loyalty Rewards can be redeemed in all physical Toyday outlets, including our temporary Christmas shops. The loyalty card cannot be redeemed against online purchases.
2. The scheme may be withdrawn or re-introduced at any time without notice.
3. Toyday reward cards and stamps have no cash redemption value and can only be presented to obtain a discount against standard purchases.
4. Some items may not be eligible for a discount.
5. One stamp will be issued for every £10 spend in a Toyday shop when the card is presented.
6. After the card has reached 15% a stamp will be issued even if the minimum £10 spend is not met.
7. Once a card has reached the full 20% and been redeemed against a sale, then the card will be taken in by Toyday and another card issued if the scheme is still running.
8. Discount must be claimed at the point of sale and discount can not be reclaimed at a later time.
We at Toyday Traditional & Classic Toys want you to enjoy a fast, efficient and trouble free delivery service. Simply order your items and tell us where you want them delivered. We will do the rest and we look forward to being of service to you.